Whether you’re a fashion retailer, an e-tailer, an eBay seller, or you simply want to earn some extra income selling costume jewelry, the key to success is finding great wholesale jewelry from a costume jewelry supplier. Finding high quality wholesale fashion jewelry can be an elusive quest, though, so here are five tips to get you started.
1. When it comes to wholesale jewelry, import is king. Almost all fashion jewelry is imported, so you need to find a costume jewelry supplier that obtains jewelry from around the globe. The more sources of jewelry the supplier has, the more likely it is that you’ll be able to find the variety of pieces you need at bargain prices. In addition, you’ll be assured of a steady stream of new pieces and your ability to obtain the wholesale jewelry you need won’t be hampered by world events that negatively impact those wholesalers with only one supply chain.
2. Find a jewelry trend spotter.Unless you’re steeped in the world of fashion, you won’t be exposed to the nuances of seasonal jewelry trends. A good wholesale jewelry store will do your homework for you, and offer pieces that reflect the latest trends in jewelry design. You don’t want to be stuck with chunky necklaces when fine filigree is in fashion, but you want to make sure you have enough hoop earrings when they hit the fashion runways.
3. Don’t forget the classics.Although it’s important to have a variety of trendy pieces, a good wholesale costume jewelry supplier will also carry the classics, like sterling silver, cubic zirconia, Swarovski crystal, and semi-precious stone jewelry. Unless you specialize in being fashion forward, more traditional pieces are staples that will sell year-round.
4. Look for breadth and depth.Accessories consist of more than earrings, bracelets, and necklaces, so your wholesale jewelry supplier should carry a wide variety of pieces. Anklets and toe rings are must-haves, but so are body jewelry, cell phone jewelry, hair accessories, key chain charms, and bejeweled belts.
5. Look for minimums, shipping, and customer satisfaction.When you’re shopping for wholesale jewelry, find a costume jewelry supplier that has a reasonable minimum purchase. You may not be able to – or want to – commit to investing a significant sum of money in fashion jewelry. An online wholesale jewelry store, for example, may only have a fifty-dollar minimum order, which is a perfect place to start. In addition, it’s important that the supplier you select has the merchandise in stock, rather than forcing you to wait until they receive their jewelry import. Look for a company that ships on the same business day or by the next business day at the latest. Finally, one of the best ways to judge a wholesale jewelry supplier is by their commitment to customer satisfaction. The supplier should be able to provide you with testimonials, and attest to the importance of customer satisfaction to their business.